Chronicles of a Restless Mind
Last updated Friday, 2013-04-19
- Growing in Low Tunnels - I'll write up more on this as I get
time, but there are several different uses for a low tunnel:
- During the season with only the row cover fabric for insect
control and to reduce disease from soil splash.
- Extend the growing season a few weeks on either end.
- Grow crops to harvest size in the fall and "store" them live
on the plant for winter harvest.
- Start baby crops (just big enough to survive the winter)
which will then start growing again in February and March for an
early spring harvest.
- Construction - Materials
and setup instructions.
- Hoop Bender Plans - build your
own quick-hoop bender from a half-sheet of plywood. The
diagrams may not show up in some versions of Internet Explorer.
Sorry if this inconveniences you; I just don't have enough spare
time that I'm willing to waste any of it pandering to Microsoft's
underhanded business tactics...
- Using the
Hoop Bender (30-second video)
- You can also make a
bender (this is some other guy on YouTube) by just sticking a
bunch of screws in an arc on a piece of plywood, and bending the
conduit around that. Note that he shows a narrower hoop. To get
the full six-foot wide half-circle hoops, you need to bend the
conduit around a 225° arc (half a circle plus 45°) with a